Monday 4 March 2013

Warhammer is Dead - Long Live Armies of Arcana!

The title says it all really. The Evil Empire finally broke me. I've played very little 8th Edition and not really enjoyed it. I don't like the look of the competitive army builds or how they play and so we have slowly drifted apart.

I started playing Warhammer when 6th Edition was new and I have large painted armies (more or less painted in some cases) for Empire, Chaos (all three flavours), High and Wood Elves, Ogres, Vampire Counts, Orcs and Goblins, Lizardmen and Dwarfs. I used to buy every army book for every army whether I owned that army or not, just to be in the know. But no more! £30? Are you taking the piss, GW? On top of the expense of altering my army as you continually crap on bought and painted units and introduce new Uber units? No thanks! Perhaps if I owned one army, but where is the fun in that?

So what to do? Another member of Stoke Wargames group, Keith, tried to get me to give 4th Edition Armies of Arcana a try a few years ago but we were both put off by base size issues. Last week however I bought 5th Edition and after a read through I'm all fired up to give it a go. Keith's keen to go down this route too; bugger the basing issues, we'll deal with it...

This will be big...

No comments:

Post a Comment