Friday, 21 June 2013

Scatter Terrain II

I got in from school today and finished the second batch of terrain. It's my first time with rubberised horse hair. Wow! It is SO easy to use and I think it looks very effective too. Sorry Last Valley but I don't think I need you any more...

Some shrubbery with palms or rocks.

Just shrubs.

Everything so far this week. Four evenings work.

Super macro!

I'll be doing more when I can get hold of the MDF cut outs. In the mean time I'm off up the woods with my secateurs to collect the raw materials for some nice new trees. Hopefully I'll be using my own cold dyed flock to make them.

Saga Dark Age action at the club tonight which means I'll have a back log of FIVE (!) Club Nights to post as well as the latest Mbogo progress. Soon...

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Scatter Terrain

I have shamelessly neglected my blog this last month or so but now I'm back with a vengeance and a backlog of stuff to post...

A year or so ago at a show I picked up a bunch of laser cut MDF 'shapes' intending to produce some scatter terrain for placing on larger templates and I finally got around to starting (and finishing) the first batch this week.

They'll be used to represent terrain in the Mexican-American War, Spanish Civil War and Mbogo. Not all of them will work for all three theatres. The Sudan is possible in the future and western gunfight / Cavalry and Indians too maybe...

First up, the least useful items, patches of saguaro cactus. I'll use these pieces for Mexico and ignore the fact that saguaro would only have featured in the California campaign which I'm not going to cover...

Next up, rock formations and a welcome oasis.
Finally, some long grass ready for Palo Alto.

I've nearly finished batch two; scrub and brush / mimosa. I've used rubberised horse hair for the first time. Fingers crossed, more MDF is on the way for batch three.